On September 29, 2023, a Nueces County jury awarded $2.4 million to LeRoy Torres in his wrongful termination case against the State of Texas.
I could not be happier to announce that a Nueces County, TX jury just returned a unanimous verdict in favor of my client, Le Roy Torres. The jury saw the truth and did the right thing, which Le Roy’s former employer, the Texas Department of Public Safety, steadfastly refused to do.
I would like to thank my team for their incredible assistance, my local counsel Stephen Chapman and his staff for the great show he put on and their invaluable help, every trial lawyer from whom I have learned so much over the years, and most of all Le Roy and his amazing wife Rosie Lopez-Torres for their unwavering support of and confidence in me. I’m humbled, and truly honored to have been a part of your journey.
Mr. Torres’ case has received local and national news coverage since 2017, the year he filed his lawsuit:
- LeRoy Torres awarded more than $2.4 million in civil lawsuit
- New York Times: The Monster That Followed Him Home From War
- Witnesses testify in Le Roy Torres case
- How a Texas couple led a long crusade and won protections for veterans exposed to toxic fumes
- Le Roy Torres’ civil lawsuit against state of Texas kicks off Monday
- Harvard Law Review: Torres v. Texas Department of Public Safety
- Iraq veteran and his wife nominated for Medal of Freedom
- CNN: Burn Pits activist awarded $2.5M: “Justice finally prevailed”